Re: Polybutylene pipes/lawsuit
Posted by Charlotte Novak on August 26, 2002 at 11:59:31:
In response to Re: Polybutylene pipes/lawsuit
: : Our home was built in 1985. We purchased it in Dec 1999. We started doing some remodeling and have found 3 leaks. We filed a claim with the Cox Oil (CPRC) and they came and inspected the house. Our claim was rejected, based on the fact that our home was older than the 13 year limit. We are upset and wondering what other options are open to us, since we still have leaking pipes through no fault of our own. We didn't even know about PB pipe until it was too late. Anyone with more information or experiences similar to ours please contact us. THANK-YOU

: The Spencer Class Facility is an option but they will only pay 10 percent of the replumb cost. Even though you filed a claim after the 13yr. deadline you may want to try filing an appeal with the CPRC. If you can prove the leaks occurred at an earlier date and you only discoverd them while remodeling you might have a shot at qualifying on appeal. I have been doing polybutylene replumbs since 1994 and I believe an appeal should be your first step. If you lose your apeal then the Spencer facility will get you 10 percent of your replumb cost. If you have any other questions feel free to call me at 800-501-7702 or visit our website at www.polybutylene.com

Replies to this post
There are none.