Re: Cultured marble vs. solid surface products
Posted by rob on August 12, 2002 at 22:57:25:
In response to Re: Cultured marble vs. solid surface products
john, hey i have a small buisness in arizona where i do both products. corian and the knock offs are a little more expensive but there is also a 1/4 inch in most colors instead of the standard 1/2 inch, i dont know if you can find that in your area or not , also look at a new product called hi-macs they have some really nice colors. as far as cultured marble it is a nice product as well the thing that it does not have that the solid surface has is a 10 year warranty. they are both very nice looking and both very durable. i think you should go with whatever color you like best and most of all what your budget can afford. : We're re-doing our showering and we've had three different opinions about what materials the shower walls should be. One recommended cultured marble because it is cost-efficient, looks nice and is long-lasting. Another suggested Corian becuase of its durability -- however it's about twice as much as the cultured marble. And a third suggested "fake" Corians -- a solid surface product like Swanstone, Avonite or Gibiltrar. I don't know what to do. Obviously, I'd prefer not to spend an arm and a leg, owever, I want thes best product for the job. It's got to last a long time! Thanks!

Replies to this post
There are none.