Re: Residential Hot Water Circulating Pump
Posted by Ed on July 19, 2002 at 18:46:50:
In response to Re: Residential Hot Water Circulating Pump
I have an autocirc, and it works, sort of.... Our hot water heater is in the middle of our house, with the bathrooms on one end, and the kitchen on the other end. With the autocirc installed under the sink in the master bath, the hot water at that sink comes up in a couple of seconds. The shower, even though it is only about 3 feet away still takes 15 to 20 seconds, and the second bathroom also takes 20 seconds or so, even though it is only a wall away from the master bath. All this is obviously because of the way the pipes are run in the basement.

The kitchen, of course, at the other end of the house, gets no benefit from the autocirc. They said to install a second one in the kitchen. At a couple of hundred bucks each, and the space under the kitchen sink already taken up with a disposer, plumbing for the adjacent dishwasher, and an in-sink hot water dispenser, I don't think so.

I bought this unit knowing these problems existed, but others considering this should be aware that it is not a total solution to the problem.

Replies to this post
There are none.