Re: grumpy husband
Posted by hj on January 15, 1999 at 23:43:24:
In response to Re: grumpy husband
There can be several causes for this, ranging from undersized piping to the remodeled area, overly long orplugged piping, partially closed valves, etc. But whatever the cause, the reason you have the problem is that the water heater is close to the other bathroom and may have separate cold water inlets for the water heater and new shower.
When the other area is used, it reduces the pressure in the hot water side and since the cold water in that area is not affected, the water gets cooler. If the plumber had had your interests in mind, he would have installed a pressure balance shower valve which would have prevented the problem.

: Hi - we had a new shower remodle approx. 1 1/2 years ago. Immediately after that, whenever we flush, run water in a faucet or use the other shower, the new shower dramatically looses hot water. My hubby is very, very grumpy over this.

: Any suggestions?

: Many thanks. I have truly enjoyed reading your plumbing suggestions, and I apologise, if I missed this reply in a previous quesiton posted.

Replies to this post
There are none.