Re: Upstairs bathroom leaking damaging first floor ceiling
Posted by John on January 13, 1999 at 01:40:06:
In response to Re: Upstairs bathroom leaking damaging first floor ceiling
: : Upstairs bathroom1 tile shower leaking on family room ceiling below. Heard water sounds while the shower was
: : being used. Hole in the ceiling of the faimly room appeared. We started using upstairs bathroom2 for showers
: : and baths. I've noticed that the bedroom carpeting next to bathroom2 is soaking wet after showers or baths are
: : taken. Also the kitchen ceiling below bathroom2 is showing damage. The carpeting that is wet is located
: : on the other side of the wall from the foot of the tub, opposite end of the tub where the drain is.
: : It is a porcelian tub with tile surround. I'm wondering if these two leak problems are one big one or just two
: : little ones happening at the same time. Can you give me some advice on how to find and fix the problem?
: : Thanks.

: I see you explained this better here than you did earlier on Plmbg.com. Not to worry -- they're too busy arguing, anyway. Follow the tips you were given there, if you can figure them out amidst all of the scuffling, and consider calling a plumber if none of it works for you. Since two fixtures are involved, I have a feeling that you'll be forced into some exploratory surgery in your floor or walls.

Sorry for the fuss on the other site. However, it seems that through the fog you did receive a good # of possible solutions. I hope that minus the pesky bickering, you find your leak soon.

Replies to this post
There are none.