Re: Upstairs bathroom leaking damaging first floor ceiling
Posted by Barry on January 12, 1999 at 16:31:25:
In response to Re: Upstairs bathroom leaking damaging first floor ceiling
: Upstairs bathroom1 tile shower leaking on family room ceiling below. Heard water sounds while the shower was
: being used. Hole in the ceiling of the faimly room appeared. We started using upstairs bathroom2 for showers
: and baths. I've noticed that the bedroom carpeting next to bathroom2 is soaking wet after showers or baths are
: taken. Also the kitchen ceiling below bathroom2 is showing damage. The carpeting that is wet is located
: on the other side of the wall from the foot of the tub, opposite end of the tub where the drain is.
: It is a porcelian tub with tile surround. I'm wondering if these two leak problems are one big one or just two
: little ones happening at the same time. Can you give me some advice on how to find and fix the problem?
: Thanks.

I see you explained this better here than you did earlier on Plmbg.com. Not to worry -- they're too busy arguing, anyway. Follow the tips you were given there, if you can figure them out amidst all of the scuffling, and consider calling a plumber if none of it works for you. Since two fixtures are involved, I have a feeling that you'll be forced into some exploratory surgery in your floor or walls.

Replies to this post