Re: TOILET SELECTION
Posted by Terry Love on January 09, 1999 at 02:44:08:
In response to Re: TOILET SELECTION

Richard,

Thank you for the nice note.
All of the toilets in Terry Love's consumer report on low flow toilets, work well in residential homes.

Power Gravity uses a three inch flapper instead of the industry standard two inch that allows two and a half times the volume of water to drop out of the water storage tank. And drop it does, in maybe three seconds tops! When you see this in action the first time, you wonder why it took so long to think of doing it this way? Min. water pressure: 20 psi (static) Parts are very simple in these. Local hardware stores carry the fill valves.

The Air assisted tanks use a captive air water storage tank. New water comes into the tank which compresses until filled. The water is released with a steady whooshing of air forced water. This uses higher velocity over a bit longer time. The tanks on these models can require more repairs. Fewer stores carry parts.

Class I Installation
Residential, owner use installations such as one, two, and multiple family homes and condominiums.

Class II Installation
Transient use installations such as all lodging (hotels/motels) and offices with controlled or limited access.

Class III Installation
Casual assembly use such as hotel lobbies, mercantile, industrial, school, dormitory, military barracks, churches and offices with public access.

Class IV Installation
the new Toto CST 854 Ultramax is rated at Class IV

Testing Model: TOTO CST 864 One Piece Toilets

: DEAR TERRY,
: I READ YOUR REPORTS ON MODELS
: AND DESIGNS OF TOILETS.I WOULD LIKE TO
: KNOW,CANYOU USE THE TOTO COMMERCIAL
: GRADE #CST854S OR #MS8741114S IN MY
: RESIDENTIAL HOME?WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE
: BETWEEN POWER GRAVITY AND PRESSURE
: ASSIST?IS ONE BETTER THAN THE OTHER?
: I DIDNT UNDER STAND WHAT CLASS
: 4 AND 3 TOILETS WERE.I AM PLANING TO DO
: MY BATHROOM OVER.I HAVE PCV PIPES IN MY
: HOME.
: I COULD NOT BELIEVE MY FRIEND
: WHEN HE TOLD ME ALL THE PROBLEMS HE
: WAS HAVING WITH HIS NEW TOILET ?.THATS
: WHY I WANT TO GET A GOOD TOILET AND
: RESEARCH THIS THING OUT.
: WHICH DESIGN IS OVERALL EASIEST TO GET PARTS FOR ?

: GREAT WEB PAGE
: THANKS RICHARD HAPPY NEW YEAR

:
:

Replies to this post
There are none.