pedistal sink supply lines(water)
Posted by steve on January 08, 1999 at 01:24:45:
I am in the process of installing a pedistal sink in my bathroom and would like to use chrome plated risers I purchased at a plubming supply store. I am installing an American Standard faucet. I have seen the flex hose connectors that have the steel braiding on the exterior but do not like the way they look. The risers or water connectors I purchased are crome or stainless steel coated copper and seem flexible enough but I do not know how to properly connect them to the faucet. The connectors I have are solid tubing with a flange on one end. The flange which is also metal,looks sort of like a toilett plunger. The intallation instuctions say to "connect the hot water supply lines the the approriate shanks using sealant, appropriate connectors, and coupling nuts." Since these supply lines have a metal flange with no rubber, can I count on this making a good seal with just compression alone? What type of coupling should i be using if this is not correct or what type of sealant should i use?
Any help would be greatly appreciated

Replies to this post