Re: polybutaline plumbing
Posted by jenny monk on March 24, 2002 at 22:49:18:
In response to Re: polybutaline plumbing
: :
: : : : Hey.............
: : : : We just put a bid on a mobile home that might have polybutaline plumbing. The agent seemed a bit concerned but said if there's no leaks in the first couple years, then there's nothing to worry about. Do you know anything about this stuff at all?

: : : My first house (built 1983) had poly plumbing in the
: : : attic and it was a nightmare. We had four leaks over
: : : several years and the last one was complete seperation
: : : of the pipe from the fitting. My neighbors kitchen
: : : ceiling caved in at 3am due to leaking poly pipes.

: : : I was part of the early class action lawsuits against
: : : the manufacturers and my house had to be replumbed
: : : with copper tubing. I will not buy any house built
: : : with gray poly water lines. If you buy the mobil home, then
: : : expect to have a leak sooner or later. The pipe itself
: : : has been known to split as if someone cut it with
: : : a knife. Been there before.....!

: : : Good Luck!

: : am i to late for the class action law suit?
: Iam Ruby O'Gray. We had our house built in 91-92 and after a year and a half- leaks began and our electrical system was all but shot in the kitchen... We had small leaks around the wall and could not comprehend where they were coming from. Long story short... I have chemical burns on my hands and face each time the leaks occur... my ceiling in the kitchen about to fall... I itch terribly. At first my doctor said that that I am getting a hold of chemicals and I assured her that I did not use any. I am going back now, because this crap has done something to all of my children who have visited my home... I am mad as hell about it... so I am now a part of the suit as soon as I send the pictures to the recovery plumbing place. I am mad.....

Replies to this post
There are none.