Re: Water Pressure
Posted by Wayne Bell on January 01, 1999 at 20:05:20:
In response to Re: Water Pressure
: Dear Wayne,
: You should be able to adjust the switch settings on your pump. 15-40 is a bit low. You may want to go with 30-50, or even bump it up a bit higher. Some pumps are running in the 40-60 PSI range.

: I would check with the water treatment people. It may be internal parts.

: Best regards,
: Terry

: : Dear Terry,

Thank you very much for taking your time on a holiday to give a stranger on the other side of the continent (and in a different country) plumbing advice. Your kindness is sincerely appreciated.

Kind regards,

Wayne
: : My house is in the country on a drilled well in the wilds of Nova Scotia, Canada. The water pump is a 1/3 H.P. unit with a pressure tank. The pump cuts out at 40 psi and starts at 15. I have 2 water treatment systems for extremely high iron content. There is not enough water pressure to run the water treatment systems and I don't know if I should incur the expense of a plumber or should call the water treatment people. I know it's impossible for you to say, but who would you recommend that I call? I hate to pay for a plumber to come out to tell me it's a water treatment problem and vise versa. I do not believe that the pressure tank is flooded (I can't hear any water slosh when I move it), but the high rust content has frozen the drain valve.

: : I trust that you have enjoyed a good holiday with your family. Your assistance in this matter is appreciated.

: : Kind regards,

Replies to this post
There are none.