Re: Replacing "Standard" Cast Iron Tub With Shower Base (Receptor)
Posted by Bob B on March 06, 2002 at 15:17:13:
In response to Re: Replacing "Standard" Cast Iron Tub With Shower Base (Receptor)
: :
: : I am replacing a "standard" 30x60 cast iron tub and want to buy a new shower base (receptor), and it can't be some cheap fiber glass. I will only accept cast iron, steel, or cultured marble, or Swanstone.
: : I have located only 1 base that is this size (Swanstone), however, it is barrier free and has the drain in the wrong position.

: : A "standard" drain is about 14" from the wall, not 15". I have gone and measured the drains on new cast iron bath tubs and sure enough they are 14" too.

: : Where can I find a manufacturer wise enough to make a shower base that will retrofit the millions of cast iron bath tubs.

: : Unless you can help me it is looking like I will have to build my own shower base out of ceramic tile. I can't move the drain since it is set in concrete.

: Phil, There is no such word as can't. You can do it or hire it done. I do it all the time. You may just have to work a little harder than you thought but it will be worth it. It shouldn't take more than 4 hrs to move this drain. Dale Peck LMP
: : Looking for Help
: : Phil

Replies to this post
There are none.