Re: My EJECTOR PUMP Won't Stop!!!
Posted by Mimi on January 19, 2002 at 16:39:10:
In response to Re: My EJECTOR PUMP Won't Stop!!!
: My ejector pump, which is about seven years old, has developed the habit of running sometimes for over ten minutes. There's hardly any water in the basin, so there's this "dry" pumping action. I want to know if there's a risk of damage to the mechanism by it running, and what can be the cause. I noticed a pinhole leakage of water from the clamp on the PVC pipe joiner...could this be related? I had put the pump on a timer to shut off the juice most of the day, but that didn't seem right, so I just unplugged the thing. The sump pump on the other side of the basement runs fine. Any advice? Need I call the experts?

I'm having a very similar problem with our pump: it won't shut off and I think what happened was that the plug got hot and burned itself up. Now that I've replaced the plugs, it keeps on pumping even with no water. I think that like yours,the float switch must be faulty and needs replacement. I would like to find out how to do this and if it's beyond basic skills level. I admit to being an amateur. Incidentally, it's a Meyer (sp?) ejector pump.

Replies to this post
There are none.