Hot Water Heater Parts
Posted by David on December 14, 1998 at 18:24:39:
I am having trouble identifying a particular part in line with my hot water heater. I have a conventional gas-fired hot water heater with the cold inlet on top and the hot outlet on top. The drain is located along the side of the heater near the bottom. A pipe is attached to the drain which leads to a tee. On one side of the tee is a valve/faucet which is the actually drain. On the other side of the tee, however, is another pipe which runs into trhe house, although I do not know to where. In line on this same pipe is a device (maker is Grundhof although I am not sure of the spelling) which is plugged into a 120v outlet. On the side of the device is a screw for adjusting what appears to be impedence, although I am not sure. What is this device? A pump? Why is there a line going back into the house from the hot water heater drain? Thanks.