Re: americast sinks.
Posted by Sharon Tate on January 03, 2002 at 22:10:25:
In response to Re: americast sinks.
: : : : We purchased
: : : a brand new home 3 years ago. It has an americast sink in the kitchen.

: : : Americast Is a plastic sink. It is a made by American Standard. I dont know how to contact them.

: : : Americast is NOT plastic! It's simply porcelin on steel with a composite resin backing that strengthens, insulates and deadens the "ping" sound when rapped so it sounds like cast iron. I just installed an Americast tub, and I think it's great! Their website is on Terry's Toilet Rankings page, I believe it was www.usamstd.com

: I had a similar problem about a year ago. Had a little black speck in the sink where I must have chipped it. Called a local American Standard dealer and they gave me the phone number for the customer service folks at American Standard in New Jersey. I called them and they sent me (free of charge) a nifty little kit containing very fine sand paper and porcelain touch-up glaze to fix the spot. It worked great!

Since when does steel rust out? It's porcelain on cast iron and my kitchen sink is rusting out from underneath the lip like there's no tomorrow! The sink is 7 years old, and has been rusting like crazy now for two years. Literature I picked up at the home improvements store claims a lifetime warranty, but gives no number, and no one at the store seemed to know, either. A repair kit won't help me, the sink has started to bow along the front lip from rust.

Replies to this post
There are none.