Re: slow tub drain, toilet gurgles
Posted by Akmed on December 06, 1998 at 10:06:25:
In response to Re: slow tub drain, toilet gurgles
dana:--In Biblical times, the bearer of bad news was often stoned (with stones that is). So I am reluctent to pass the following information along to you.
It sounds very much from your post that there is a problem lurking in your sanitary drainage line, sewer or septic system. If your on a public sewer system it could be a problem on the main line that is maintained by that municipality or with the drain that runs from your residence to that line.
If you are on a septic tank / drainfield type system, you may need to have your tank pumped. If there has been a great deal of rain lately in your area and the ground is saturated; it is possible that your drain field is temporarily flooded and causing the problem. Akmed

Terry,I have a house w/ one bathroom. When the tub drains, it is very slow. As the tub drains,the toilet will gurgle and bubble. Gurgling can be heard from the clothes washer drain pipe as well. Lastly, after the toilet is flushed, it refills to its normal level and then all the water drains out of the bowl. All these fixtures are in the same bathroom. Is this a venting issue? If so, how can I fix it?

: Thanks,

: dana s
: Bellingham, WA

Replies to this post