Re: Corian vs. Americast sinks
Posted by Dina Garamella on December 05, 2001 at 11:53:56:
In response to Re: Corian vs. Americast sinks
I also have a Americast sink. Don't DO IT! It is the worst product I have in my house! Cut marks on the bottom of the sink. The drain actually rotted out after 2 1/2 years and now the entire sink has to be ripped out of a new granite counter top! By the way the Americast sink I have is not standard and I am having a huge problem now trying to get a sink that will fit in the custom cut granite!
: I have an Americast Kitchen sink and it was a big mistake. The surface is as soft as butter; it gets pot marks when you even THINK of putting a pot in the sink. YOu have to clean it with only certain products, which do not get the pot marks out. I would never recommend Americast. DOn't know about Corian sinks. If I had to do it again, I'd get a Kohler.

:
: : : We are putting a corian counter top in our new kitchen. The problem is that we do not know if we should get the corian sink or the americast sink. We have heard that the corian will stain pretty easily and is almost twice the cost of the americast. Have you heard anything bad about the americast sinks? Durability and stain resistance?

: : We recently put in a solid surface (Surell by Formica)counter and sink in our kitchen. Although it appears to stain, any spots easily come up with a little Ajax or other abrasive cleaner. We are very pleased with it, and the seamless look is very pleasing.

Replies to this post
There are none.