Re: toliet leaking
Posted by Shawn on November 15, 2001 at 15:54:21:
In response to Re: toliet leaking
: : There's what is called a "spud washer" a rubber cone shaped water sealing device that is already there, but it's probably warn out. Turn off thewater to the tank at the valve by the floor. (There's a tube that runs from the bottom of the top tank, to the valve). Flush the toliet to empty the tank. Disconnect the supply tube. Catch the water that runs out into a dishpan. Loosen the two screws that hold the top tank to the bottom bowl. lift the tank off of the bowl. Be careful not to bump it against the wall or the bowl and crack it. Turn it upside down in the tub or shower. You should see a spud washer at the bottom. Pry that out, go to a local hardware store and get another, and replace it.

: : My toliet leaks from between the tank and the bottom portion. How can I fix this? Is there a sealant that I can shoot inbetween these two?

Replies to this post
There are none.