Re: installing a hanging gas furnace in the garage
Posted by joe on November 12, 2001 at 19:38:29:
In response to Re: installing a hanging gas furnace in the garage
: : I'm having a little trouble getting gas to my furnace,(dayton 100k btu) The manual says that a 3/4 pipe is needed for the 70 ft. I need to run. I purchased 3/4 soft copper and started to string it through, it seems the more I bend and straiten the copper to get it through the harder it gets to bend without kinking it, which I have done a number of times. This seems impossible to do with soft copper this size. Should I do this with black pipe? if so what size? and should I have someone test it for me? Any codes to worry about? Please help!
: Using copper is against the building code, it should be black pipe only. Copper will build up a charcoal like sustance and will clog up the pipe.

copper is not against any codes in this area as long as it doesn't break a surface like running through a floor or wall then black pipe must be used .. the reason for the stiffness of the coppper is do to the friction of bending it it's almost like tempering it .. i would go with black pipe myself and stay with the 3/4 for volume

Replies to this post
There are none.