Re: dishwasher airgap overflow
Posted by Aros on November 29, 1998 at 02:50:09:
In response to Re: dishwasher airgap overflow

: I have an 8 yr. old GE Dishwasher that recently began to have water overflow from the airgap on the top edge of the sink during the early extraction phase of the wash cycle. Underneath the sink, the airgap hose (ribbed plastic) goes from the dishwasher to a "Y" connector. Water goes up the hose to the airgap tube, then down another tube to the Y and into the disposal. Water freely flows into the disposal. I Poured water down the airgap tube to see if there would be any stoppage there, but it went down quickly, so no blockage there. Why is the water coming out the airgap and flowding onto the counter top? Any suggfestions would be appreciated.
: Thanks.

Airgaps are inexpensive and easy to replace. A new one should solve the problem. -Aros

Replies to this post
There are none.