Re: Diaphragm Washers in Compression Faucets
Posted by hj on November 22, 1998 at 22:45:29:
In response to Re: Diaphragm Washers in Compression Faucets
I have absolutely no idea what he is talking about. A diaphragm is a thin material that flexes in response to pressure changes. There are no faucets that have that on the stems. The closest is the American Standard Aquaseal, which has an expanding rubber piece to turn off the waterl.

: I am wondering if there are different sizes of diaphragm washers used in compression faucets. I'm talking about the type of "washer-like diaphragm that covers the bottom of the stem." Quote from "Do Your Own Plumbing", by K.E. Armpriester. Thank you.

Replies to this post