Re: installing a sediment trap on a water heater
Posted by Bud...Suncoast plumbing Inc. on November 22, 1998 at 14:52:15:
In response to Re: installing a sediment trap on a water heater
Mark:--There is a "Wye Strainer" that has a fine mesh stainless steel screen inside for the purpose that you have in mind . We use them on commercial installations to protect the recirculation pumps on hot water lines from debris and scale that sometimes is traveling with the flow of water. They're about 10 bucks, and come with a 3/4" FIP thread on both sides of the body. Lots of luck...Don't cha just love this new breed of home inspector, when they come up with whacko stuff like this??

Any ideas on the best way to tackle this. Water heater is a Bradford White gas Energy Saver model. I was told this isn't common to instal these,but we're selling the home and a home inspector found it called for this in the installation guide(which I don't have).Thanks for any help you can offer.

Replies to this post
There are none.