Re: galvanized pipes: water softner vs. magnets
Posted by goofy pup on August 21, 2001 at 00:28:57:
In response to Re: galvanized pipes: water softner vs. magnets
the email for magnetizer is given below. so did this work??? i would like to know if i shoudlgive magnetizer a try? is it worth it? does it work better than a regular salt softner???

5525 Swamp Road - Fountainville, PA 18923-9612 U.S.A.
Phone: 215-249-1200 Fax: 215-249-3161
E-Mail: mgimag@magnetizer.com

: : We bought a 19 year-old home with galvanized pipes. We had a leak not to long ago. The person who fixed the leak recommended that we buy a water softner to help with further leaks.
: : Another person recommended we use magnets.
: : What do you suggest? Is replacing the pipe better?

: tracy, the water softner is going to do nothing to help with the damaged rusty old galvanized pipe you already have. i suggest that you take the money you were going to spend on the softner and replace the water pipes. i don't know what plumbing code you are required to use if any but the pex water pipe system is an excelant way to go useing a manoblock. as far as magnets go i just purchaced them 3 weeks ago and i'm still in the experimental stage of them. you can do your home just useing 2 magnets at $100.00 each useing the magnetizer. how hard is your water?go to magnetizer.com and check it out. i have 2 movies on it.water softners polute the drinking water with the brine waste water.you need to add salt all the time and a magnet will last 150 years.they must be installed properly!!!!to work.i'm still checking mine to see if they work.my water is not that hard and it's hard to tell the difference.if you have real hard water 20 + i think you will see the difference.you need to put a fullway ball valve on your water heater and flush out every 3 weeks fo 3 months to get all the calcium out of the heater. well good luck on whatever choice you make.

Replies to this post
There are none.