Re: Leaky water heater drain
Posted by Bud..Suncoast Plumbing Inc. on November 19, 1998 at 20:26:51:
In response to Re: Leaky water heater drain
Cameron:--There are two ways to go on the drippy boiler drain.
1.) Get a 3/4" hose thread cap at the local hardware store, and screw it onto the offending spighot.
2.) Make a real repair that will increase the life of your heater and lower the operating costs substantially. Go to your friendly neighborhood hardware store and purchase a 3/4" galvanized nipple about 3" long...a 3/4" FIP full flow ball valve, and a 3/4" MIP X 3/4" male hose adapter.
Install these items in the obvious manner, and you will have solved the drip problem, and provided a means to actually flush some of the accumulated crud from the bottom of your tank. Be sure to use as large a diameter hose as possible whenever you do your periodic heater cleaning.
Bud ...........

Replies to this post
There are none.