dishwasher airgap overflow
Posted by Sol Levy on November 19, 1998 at 10:45:15:

I have an 8 yr. old GE Dishwasher that recently began to have water overflow from the airgap on the top edge of the sink during the early extraction phase of the wash cycle. Underneath the sink, the airgap hose (ribbed plastic) goes from the dishwasher to a "Y" connector. Water goes up the hose to the airgap tube, then down another tube to the Y and into the disposal. Water freely flows into the disposal. I Poured water down the airgap tube to see if there would be any stoppage there, but it went down quickly, so no blockage there. Why is the water coming out the airgap and flowding onto the counter top? Any suggfestions would be appreciated.

Replies to this post