Re: Replacing outside bib that is soldered
Posted by Daniel on July 31, 2001 at 20:16:39:
In response to Re: Replacing outside bib that is soldered
: : How do I go about replacing and outside faucet, on my brick house, that is soldered on?

: FIRST, take off the handle and remove the stem. If the stem is 6" or longer, you have a freeze proof faucet and it is attached to your plumbing somewhere deep inside the wall. maybe screwed maybe soldered, you'll have to check before removing it. if it's just a normal 2-3" long stem, then get out your torch and heat the connection up to melt the solder. solder on an adapter to 1/2" pipe thread and screw on a new faucet.

: How long should it take to melt the solder?

Replies to this post
There are none.