Poly Piping
Posted by Shawn on November 18, 1998 at 13:26:25:
I recently had a water line break in my front yard. The plumber that came to replace it identified the piping as polybutylene pipe. He then told me about the class-action lawsuit and gave me the number to call and then left. After calling the number, I found out that I would have to get together a lot of documentation prior to the line getting replaced. I was out of water and I had two newborns at home. I called another plumber (I could not get the original plumber back within the next day) to replace the line. I requested that he leave me the fittings as well as a nice piece if the piping.

As I was filling out the paperwork for reimbursement. I noticed that the markings on the pipe indicate 'Vanguard Plastics HDPE 1"'. I know that HDPE stands for High Density Polyethylene. What course of action shoul I take now? Sorry for the long question.

Replies to this post