Re: bath sinks
Posted by C. DuBois on July 17, 2001 at 20:47:40:
In response to Re: bath sinks
: I have recently purchased a new bathroom sink, to be installed in a powder room that was gutted. It is a freestanding glass bowl with a drain mount, in other words, it looks when installed as though a large glass bowl is sitting on the top of the counter.

: Question: I am in the process of working with the cabinet maker to spec the corner cabinet that will house the sink. If the top edge of the bowl sits 5 1/2 inches above the counter, should I compensate with a cabinet that is the same amount shorter than normal bath vanities (which run about 31-32 inches tall), or with some height in between? I want the sink to be as usable as an undermount sink would be.

: Any suggestions?

I would not compensate on the height. I am a designer, and haved worked with this concept several times. The point of the bowl on top, besides being a new and different concept, provides a more comfortable height than the old "standard" vanity height. In fact, some manufacturers are (finally) building taller vanities - up to about 32" in height. So, a standard height vanity should work perfectly for you. It's a wonderful look, you'll love it.

Replies to this post
There are none.