Re: Shower pan
Posted by Terry Love on November 15, 1998 at 19:30:48:
In response to Re: Shower pan
You can buy preformed neo-angle shower pans of fiberglass in the 38"x38" size for a good price. If you are reusing the tile on the walls, you would need to tile down to the pan. A mudset pan would require 18" from the floor. The preformed pans could be done lower. The tile setter would be able to do this.

: I am trying to decide how to go about replacing a leaking shower pan in a built in corner neoangle shower. I saw some of your earlier responses to other people. I have a local repairman who will demolish the existing base and replace the pan do tile work, etc. However, its pretty high in price. I have a local cultured marble dealer who can fabricate a base - but if I replace wall tiles with cultured marble also, the price is even higher. Is it possible to use a cultured marble base with the existing wall tile. If so what would be the best way to join them? Also have you seen it done this way and how does it look? What do you recommend? Thanks.

Replies to this post
There are none.