Re: Poor flushing toilet
Posted by Don on June 21, 2001 at 01:47:15:
In response to Re: Poor flushing toilet
: : I have recently experienced problems with a toilet located on the 2nd floor of my (2) story home. When you attempt to flush this toilet there is not a
: : good strong flush noise as the water level lowers in the bowl. In fact the water begins to swirl but stops about halfway through the flush cycle. The other (2) toilets in my home (on the 1st floor) flush well. I removed the toilet ran a 30' snake down the drain but did not hit any obstructions - I also ran the snake through the toilet no obstructions. I installed a new
: : wax ring and reinstalled the toilet - the problem is still occuring... At the present there is a need to double flush the toilet to remove all waste. Any ideas??? Paul

: Paul,
: I would guess, that there is something in the trapway of the toilet. It just takes something like a comb or makeup pencil to catch things and make things slow down. A snake can slide right by these things. Terry

I just had the problem this past weekend for two of my toilets. I plunged the toilets and used a toilet auger. I checked the cleanout in the driveway. Exasperated, I called a plumber out. He tried everything I did too. He suggested cleaning out the jets under the rim of the bowl. He also asked if I had used one of those toilet bowl cleaners in the tank that slowly releases chemicals. Bingo!! That was the problem. When I used a bent coat hanger to clean out the jets, a small fragment of toilet bowl cleaner tablet came out of the bottom orifice. Then the toilet flushed fully. I then cleaned out the jets for the other toilet and sure enough a piece of toilet bowl cleaning tablet came out of the bottom orifice too. Now both toilets flush powerfully. Don

Replies to this post
There are none.