Re: Low pressure
Posted by Sean on November 12, 1998 at 08:08:52:
In response to Re: Low pressure
This sounds quite plausible because it is a new house on a drilled well. The section of pipe that I connected the facuet to was charged when I first started up the well pump but had not been used until I hooked up the faucet. (Water filter was not in place at time of initial charging of system either.) Based on your information, my guess is that some of the silt from the well may have found its way into the pipes. As soon as I turned on the faucet, it made its way into the cartridge of the faucet. I'll assume that as I turned on the hot first, BINGO it was the first to receive the silt. The cold works fine because the silt was gone by the time I got around to opening it. I guess I have a little job to try this evening.

Thnaks,

Sean

Seriously, there may be a bit of grit in the valve on the hot side. Just last week, I installed a clawfoot tub faucet, new copper piping, the works. The hot side was very low pressure. I pulled the water stop off and found a bit of tile grout had lodged in the orifice. Removed it and Bingo! All Better.
: Terry

: : Might I be so bold as to say we have been victimized by a little plumbing humor? Very funny,Tex,but people in here have real problems they need serious answers for. Sorry Terry,for going over your head but I needed to say that. Was funny,though.

Replies to this post
There are none.