Re: water heater replacement
Posted by Terry Love on May 19, 2001 at 14:57:52:
In response to Re: water heater replacement

: My house is piped with pvc and need to replace my electric water heater. Can I just put a 3 inch threaded nipple in the water heater and connect that directly to the cpvc or do I need to have a foot of copper between the heater and cpvc. Also, Is it okay for the relief valve pipe to drain into the water heater tub at the bottom or is it better to drain someplace else, in the event it goes off? Thank you.

I would use a flex connector of about 18" between the CPVC and the water heater.

The relief valve should outlet in a safe place for water. Most of the time, that would be outside.
If it drains to the pan, the question is, does the pan have a drain, or will that overflow too.

Replies to this post
There are none.