Re: water softeners in the USA
Posted by hj on May 08, 19101 at 08:50:06:
In response to Re: water softeners in the USA
The water softener is a very popular option in the U.S.. I am not sure what your definition of "states" is, but most are probably purchased from a retail store by the homeowner. The plumber is involved by either selling and installing a unit, or connecting the homeowner's unit. Many new homes are pre-piped for a water softener installation, while older homes may require some pipe rerouting to install it correctly.

: I am a student at university of li�ge (Belgium, Europe) doing a research for an international marketing course. In particular, I am searching for information about water softeners in the US market.

: My questions are:

: 1. Is the water softener known in the USA? Is there a difference between the different states?
: 2. In which kind of store is a water softener usually bought? Is it usual to buy via the internet? What is the role of a plumber? Again, are there differences between the different states?

: I hope there are some people interested to help me with my project simply by answering these questions.

: Taki T.

Replies to this post
There are none.