Re: Moen shower handle breaks
Posted by hj on April 27, 19101 at 11:04:27:
In response to Re: Moen shower handle breaks
The normal reason for handles to break is because the stem needs replacement and is oeprating too tightly creating stress when the shower is used. the handle should move in and out and also rotate with very little effort.

: We have had a Moen shower handle for the past 2 years, it was here when we moved in and it worked
: fine in that time frame, until about a month ago when it broke in the center part. We have replaced it
: about two times since but it always breaks in the same place. Which is where the plastic handle is
: screwed into and goes onto the metal part in the wall. The replacements have worked fine for several
: days but then break in the same place. The first time with the original I beleve was old age, the second
: I think may have been because the white plastic part was not around the metal stem in the wall. The
: third time I thought that the screw might be too tight. I do not know anything about these things and
: need some help in laymans terms. The part number on the box is 96994 but I was unable to find it on
: the Moen site.
: Thank You.

Replies to this post
There are none.