Re: Price Pfister shower diverter
Posted by Scott Bryan on April 24, 19101 at 23:16:38:
In response to Re: Price Pfister shower diverter
: I replaced the diverter stem in my Price Pfister 3-handle shower unit--twice. The first attempt was
: with an aftermarket Danco diverter obtained at the local hardware store. However, it allowed water
: to flow to the tub faucet when the shower was supposed to be in operation. Figuring that the Danco
: diverter was less than superior quality, I went to a plumbing supply house and ask for the
: Price Pfister diverter. The guy pulled one for me--unpackaged and brand unknown--and I figured
: it ought to be the right one. Unfortunately, it has the same problem.

: So, I took a closer look at these two new diverters. I did a little measuring. On both the new
: diverters, the internal seal (I'm not sure if that is what it is really called, but I hope it means
: something to the readers) is a smaller diameter than the one on the original diverter. It isn't smaller
: by much, but it is enough, I believe, to allow water to enter the tub-side of the diverter even
: when the tub-side has been closed off. By the way, both new diverters do have the washer in place
: that is supposed to seal off water going to the tub when the shower is on.

: I'm perplexed by this. Shouldn't aftermarket diverters (or valves for that matter) fit exactly?
: Am I missing something here?

Ron, The original Price Pfister parts have "PP" stamped on the hex part of the bonnet. We only use original parts and have no problems with diverter replacements.

Scott

Replies to this post
There are none.