Re: Help...Water Hammer is gonna land me in Jail!
Posted by Javed Hawa on April 20, 19101 at 06:56:31:
In response to Re: Help...Water Hammer is gonna land me in Jail!
You may want to check if the problem is due to a faulty PRV (Pressure Reducing Valves). It is noticed that in some models / makes of PRVs, a loud hammering sound results from cavitation in the pipeline if the PRv does not have sufficient damping action. This is usually more pronounced when you may be the only one using that particular water downtake at that time.

Maybe I can help you more if you tell me how many floors your condo has, and where the PRV is located.

: I desperately need someone's help. I live in a condo on the third floor. Any time I turn on my shower water hammer pound my house and building so loudly that my neighbors are calling the police!

: I have contacted the builder and the property management firm to no avail. I understand that most if not all of the top floor units have this ssame problem.

: The noise gets very loud, it can be heard across the street over 500 yards away, at the comfort zone for a hot shower. Running the water hot enough to scald oneself seems to minimize the proble...however, obviously this is not my preferred solution.

: I am open to any and all sugestions. My neighbors will be eternally in debt to anyone providing an answer. One neighbor recently informed me that he now sleeps wearing EARPLUGS every night!

: Thanks in advance for your assistance.

: Sincerely

: Barry

Replies to this post
There are none.