Re: old cast iron pipes
Posted by Casman on April 19, 19101 at 11:48:28:
In response to Re: old cast iron pipes
It depends on what you're replacing. If its just a leak in a small area, and you have access, then you could cut out the damaged section with a snap cutter(easily obtained from plumbing store for rent) and replace with pvc and a couple rubber boot connectors. The snap cutter(chain cutter) can cut the damaged section out in seconds. Be careful as cast iron pipe is heavy and if not properly supported before cutting, could crash down and do some real damage.

Replies to this post
There are none.