Re: Venting
Posted by hj on April 08, 19101 at 23:21:36:
In response to Re: Venting
It is a Studor vent. They are a mechanical one way valve to let air into the pipe and prevent air and fumes from exiting the drain pipe. It is a cheap way to avoid installing a vent through the roof. They will work most of the time, but you have to have them accessible to service and replace them. And there are certain conditions where they could make a sink or other fixture not drain when a roof vent would not have the problem.

: A plumber said he would put in stewder vents! What is a stewder vent?

Replies to this post
There are none.