Re: More Gas Line Questions
Posted by hj on April 06, 19101 at 01:26:22:
In response to Re: More Gas Line Questions
The best way is to contact the gas company and see if their gas has a condensation problem. I think the answer will be no.

: Thank you very much for replying to my message. How do I know if I need them or not? I know that the current hookups to the water heater and the furnace don't have "drip legs". My buddy's house doesn't have them either.. I'm assuming this means that I don't have to do them either.. Is this a good assumption, or should I try to find out more?

: Thanks again!

: John

: : It depends on the gas supplied. In this area, gas lines can go up and down as necessary to adapt to cathedral ceilings and we do not use drip legs.

: : : Hi,

: : : I'm installing a natural gas line. I've read in a few places about a couple of "requirements" for gas lines, I'm wondering how true they are.

: : : The gas pipe has to have a slope toward the end of the line because moisture builds up. Also, because of this moisture going toward the end of the line, you have to have a "drop pipe" that drops vertically down for a little ways to accumulate the moisture that builds up.

: : : Is this true? I am running a line about 50 feet long, but the first 20 feet of it, I'm not going to be able to make it slope. It will be level. After that 20 feet, I can make it slope the rest of the way. Advice anyone?

: : : Thanks,
: : : John Hirschi

Replies to this post
There are none.