Re: Water meter readings
Posted by dick on April 04, 19101 at 23:39:20:
In response to Re: Water meter readings
yes it would seem more likely they would run slower with age (i'd need to take one apart to be sure of this), but... a brand new meter might be reading high to start with. If i was manufacturing meters, I might even try to make new ones read just a little high so that as they aged, they would stay within the +/-?? spec. What is the accuracy spec for water meters anyway? and who sets the spec?

Having the water company check the accuracy of thier own meter sounds like a waste of time. I assume they checked it against another meter? and did they give you a copy of the calibration certification on that meter? did they let you see the meters during the test?

: Since they are displacement devices, I could see them running slower if the bearings got tight or tolerances increased, but I do not see how they could run faster

: : Hello -
: : I have a small apt building - a water meter has been replaced by the city in 1995 ... since then they have not done any actual measurements... I called them they did the measurements and charged me an unreal amount.

: : Question is: Does anyone know of a case where water meters run faster (city says they always run slower) ... I believe the number is too high (I had no leaks). Any tech docs / references / court cases etc.

: : Thanks Mark

Replies to this post
There are none.