Replacement for Case 3000 wall hung toilet
Posted by Jim Meisner on March 27, 19101 at 23:43:20:
We have two Case 3000 wall hung toilets, installed in the 1960s when our house was built. Replacement ballcocks are available on the web, which are pricey but make it possible to keep the toilets working basically forever.

The toilets are actually very good quality and work great. However, my wife hates the colors, purple and green (very 1960's -- I say wait a few more decades and the colors are bound to be back in style).

Our plumber says that repiping would be a huge project. Is there any other toilet that can be used as a replacement without major replumbing?

Our plumber thinks that the Elger Walford would work, but another discussion on this web site suggests that no current toilets are compatible with the mounting and plumbing configuration of our Case toilets.

I must admit I'm also nervous about installing a new 1.6 gpf toilet. These toilets have to flush down a lot of 1960's cast iron drainpipe before reaching the septic system.

Maybe just staying with the ugly colors and sky high maintenance costs is the best option, but I would really like to know if there is another compatible toilet out there.

Replies to this post