Re: Air gap for tub faucet
Posted by hj on March 27, 19101 at 23:27:40:
In response to Re: Air gap for tub faucet
The reference point is the level that the water would begin overflowing the rim of the fixture, not the overflow opening.
If the rim were hyperbolic for example then the level would be the low point of the hyperbola, even if the ends of the tub were higher.

: A small question on code requirements. An air gap is needed between the faucet and the bath tub fill level. Is the fill level at the rim of the bath tub, or is it at the overflow level? I have a American Standards Reminiscence bath tub, and a goose neck faucet. I was hoping to be able to place the faucet on the side of the tub, on a tiled surface, instead of on the tub's rim, but this tub protubes a lot above the tiled surface, bringing the rim level very close to the faucet (even if the overflow is way lower).
: Thanks, William D.

Replies to this post
There are none.