Re: toilet goes a glup, glup, bubble,bubble...
Posted by TEX on November 07, 1998 at 19:26:49:
In response to Re: toilet goes a glup, glup, bubble,bubble...
Rick:--When I was a kid back home in Texas, we had a toilet that started doing the same thing. We all thought it was pretty funny...at first.
Then we noticed strange things were happening in the bathroom. My Mom would put a full roll of toilet paper on the dispenser next to the bowl, and in the morning it would be gone. It stopped being a joke after a while, and Mamma mounted the toilet paper holder in a closet outside the bathroom. The trick was not to forget the toilet paper before going into the bathroom.
Things went down hill from that point on. Tooth brushes turned up missing; wash clothes..que tips...dental floss. We noticed that the glup, glup that you have heard, got progressively louder and louder as time went by.
One night there was a horrific GLUB, GLUB, GLUB coming from that upstairs bathroom, our old blue tick hunting dog "Herman" dashed up the stairs and let out a couple of blood curling yelps before almost flying back down the stairs to hide behind the sofa. My Pa went up to see what the fuss was all about with his shot gun in hand. There were two loud booms from Pas' 12 guage, and then Pa came slowly down the stairs, he was trembling and white as a ghost. He never spoke of what he saw that night, and took that secret to the grave with him. Herman our dog would never go up the stairs again no matter how much he was coaxed. Mom was clearly hiding something from us and never did let on what it was. She did ask several times over the following years if any of us kids knew what became of the shower curtain..bath mat..waste basket..towels and the toilet plunger that she always kept handy behind the bowl. We moved away from that place right after this incedent, but my mind always returns whenever I hear a glup,glup,bubble,bubble...

Replies to this post