Re: how to construct a tiled bathing tub
Posted by hj on March 05, 19101 at 08:34:17:
In response to Re: how to construct a tiled bathing tub
My best recommendation would be to save your money, unless you want to use it for a decorative planter area in the future. These were popular in the Phoenix/Scottsdale area in the 70's, 80's, and early 90's. I have yet to see one that anyone actually uses as a tub. They are strictly showers or if they already have a shower unit, then most of them have plants in them. They are uncomfortable and cold due to the mass of concrete and tile that has to be warmed. They also take more hot water to fill than most water heaters can deliver and still be hot or even warm.

: Hi, I have a 48" x 51" area that I would like to put a deep (24") tub in. I've seen custom tiled tubs in magazines and would like to know how to properly build one. I'm a carpenter of decent skill level. I've heard of a concrete pour, terrazo, chorloy. I'm looking for a comprehensive, step by step way to do this. Can you help me? I can't find anything anywhere. I understand that this is not a job for a DIY guy. Some instructions would be great though. Thanks

Replies to this post
There are none.