Re: Can a dishwasher be connected to an island sink?
Posted by Paul on February 26, 19101 at 19:35:39:
In response to Re: Can a dishwasher be connected to an island sink?
absolutly, I would suggest an island loop out of 2" pipe, and if you can build a knee wall that would be the place to put it, making sure that the drain is put in on the proper side of the loop. ( one side of the loop is a vent the other side is the drain ) install a garbage disposal and drain the dishwasher into that, or use a `y ` tail peice for the washer drain. sloppy copper joints are un-excusable. use a dry rag to whip off excess solder and flux only use enough solder to fill joint, Yes I know years of experence really help. enjoy p.s. I don't know the codes in your area but if I were the inspector a dishwasher drain under the floor would result in a RED tag

absolutly, I would suggest an island loop out of 2" pipe, and if you can build a knee wall that would be the place to put it, making sure that the drain is put in on the proper side of the loop. ( one side of the loop is a vent the other side is the drain ) install a garbage disposal and drain the dishwasher into that, or use a `y ` tail peice for the washer drain. sloppy copper joints are un-excusable. use a dry rag to whip off excess solder and flux only use enough solder to fill joint, Yes I know years of experence really help. enjoy

Replies to this post
There are none.