Re: Main Water Line
Posted by casman on February 15, 19101 at 15:26:27:
In response to Re: Main Water Line
: : My main water line outside of my new home (less than 6 months old) is not buried undergound. My question is for New Orleans LA how deep should the line be buried underground.

: : 2nd question:
: : What can i do to make the hot water come out faster? I tired changing the temp sitting on the hot water heater (gas) but it still takes almost a 1/2 of sink before the water turns hot( that is over a gallon of water) everytime i use the hot water.

: There is a gadget which can be installed on your water line near the water heater which by utilizing gravity, will constantly recirculate hot water in the pipes so that when you turn on a faucet, the water is hot, its cheap however you have to run a length of copper from the water heater to the farthest fixture and it would have been easier to install during construction. The only downside is that your water heater will run more frequently resulting in a larger bill, they say the increase is 12 to 90 per year more but i dont know how they arrived at that figure...

I forgot to mention that the gadget boasts savings as a result of less water usage

Replies to this post
There are none.