Replacing toilet over rotted subfloor
Posted by Charmaine, reply by Bud...Suncoast Plumbing Inc. on November 01, 1998 at 12:47:41:
I'm repacing a toilet (the old one leaked). Found that the sub-floor was rotted & needs to be replaced. How do I remove the flange to put it on top of the new sub-floor? Charmaine

Charmaine:--If it's a cast iron flange, you can very carefully drill out the lead caulking out of
the joint, and simply remove. It may require a deep seal replacement closet flange if there is a considerable change in elevation.
If its'plastic, cut it off flush with the floor,and use one that slips inside or over the pipe...Lots of luck with your project...Bud

Replies to this post
There are none.