Titanic Toilet
Posted by Angie, replies by Terry and Ahrmand on November 01, 1998 at 12:27:59:

WHY IS THE PIPES IN MY TOLIET AREA VIBRATING AT ALL TIMES THROUGHOUT THE DAY. IT SOUNDS LIKE THE TITANIC.
IT DRIVES ME CRAZY! THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.

Angie,
Your Titanic toilet is leaking at the flapper. Replace the flapper with a good quality 5 year flapper, and then if it still makes noise, replace the fill valve (ballcock) When replacing the fill valve, get a new supply tube.
Noises like you mention are caused by loose rubber washers. (fill valve) The fact that the noises occur throughout the day, indicates that the water level in the tank is dropping , (leaking flapper) Terry

Angie:--Terry Love has furnished you first class advice on your TITANIC problem. He did however overlook a very very important thing.
Untill the repairs have been completed on your toilet, you must insist thst all users wear a life jacket and carry a flare gun...Ahrmand

And even though the toilet sounds like a fog horn, don't get the idea that the sound will keep icebergs away. I've seen icebergs smash right into toilets at night. I would keep the night light on, it could get rather messy.
Terry

Replies to this post