Re: Non-Plumbed Basement idea - will it work?
Posted by hj on February 05, 19101 at 09:33:44:
In response to Re: Non-Plumbed Basement idea - will it work?
Unless you have something other than the common basement, the headroom would be almost non-existent for all but the shortest people. Other than that, and the fact that potential future buyers might not wish to have a "walk up" bathroom, it should work.

: I have a the typical non-plubed basement problem, and would like to know if the following solutionis viable:

: The toilet/shower I would install is within 5 feet of a main drain pipe which drains the 1st floor toilet. It's a 3" pipe.
: I would like to build an elivated for the basement bath, elevating the toilet and shower stall maybe a foot or so,
: then running the drain pipes under the elivated floor, connecting to the bottom of the nearby 3" drain pipe.
: I have a vent pipe which is easily accessable, however, this vent pipe appears to vent out the side of the basement. Is that usable?

: Given that I could build an elivated floor, how much slope is required for the shower/toilet to drain properly? That
: would be the clincher, as it would determine how high I would have to elivate the floor.

: Thanks for any help.

: Rob

Replies to this post