Re: can't get water to circulate!!
Posted by CM on January 31, 19101 at 20:06:38:
In response to Re: can't get water to circulate!!
I'm not sure that I understand the layout of your system, but here are some potential problems:

If your water system is open to atmosphere, you may have too much static head in the system (measurement from the bottom of the piping system to the top vertically) for the pump to overcome. A small circulator such as the N1 is not intended to lift a column of water in an open system. If the system is a closed loop, the weight of the water travelling down equals the weight of the water travelling up and the static head is zero.

Even in a closed system, you can have static head if the system is not filled prior to turning on the pump. You cannot use the pump to fill the system if it is at the low point of the loop. Fill the piping system completely first and purge all of the air out (with a vent at the system high points) before starting the pump.

If you can email me a schematic indicating the relative positions and elevations of the system components (or describe the system very specifically, with relative heights), I can give you more specific answers.

: I INSTALLED AN B&G STYLE N1 CIRCULATING PUMP ON AN WOOD BURNING BOILER SYSTEM I NECKED THE 1.25" DOWN TO .75" PUSHING THE WATER OUT OF 30GAL RESERVE THRU 100FEET OF .75" COPPER THE BACK UP TO 1.25" BLACK PIPE
: 45 FEET OF THIS THEN TO TANK FOR RECIRCULATING.
: PROBLEM IS THE WATER STOPS 2 FEET FROM TANK AND WON'T
: MOVE ANY FURTHER.
: WHAT DO I NEED TO DO TO GET IT TO FINISH??
: A BIGGER PUMP???

Replies to this post
There are none.