Re: How to identify tub faucet for replacement cartridge ??????
Posted by Scott on January 26, 19101 at 08:50:47:
In response to Re: How to identify tub faucet for replacement cartridge ??????

: : Our new (to us)house has a two handle tub and shower faucet that I need to replace the cartridge in.
: : There are not shut-offs so I don't want to remove with-out replacement parts on hand.No visable markings anywhere to be seen.Only unique feature is the handles.
: : They are chrome plated,SOLID metal(very heavy)the size and shape of a door knob.There are ten(10)notches on the outer perimeter for gripping and three(3)lugs on inside to engage nylon adapter on stem.We have two lavatory faucets w/ matching handles.Best estimate is at least 10 years old,but house was built 29 years ago.
: : Thanks in advance. Steve

: Steve, it sounds loke you have an american standard faucet, the had a large heavy handle like you describe that had the nylon insert for the stem. We fix this faucet often and what I would suggest is to replace both stems to the "re-nu" style stem. The stems you have in the faucet now most likely have "aquaseal" style stems that have a top hat like washer. We find the re-nu style works much better than the aquaseal style, replace the seats and you are good to go. The entire fix should cost around $11. If you nedd more help email me.

: Good luck,
: Scott
Sorry try this link

Replies to this post
There are none.